CLEP® Remote Proctoring Requirements
You must agree that your computer and testing room meet the following requirements in order to register for a CLEP exam at home with remote proctoring. You will be responsible for any costs associated with obtaining the required equipment. If your computer and testing room do not meet these requirements, you won't be able to test, and your exam and proctoring fees will not be refunded.
- Must be a PC desktop or laptop computer. No Macs, tablets, Chromebooks™, or mobile devices.
- Must use the Windows® operating system, version 10.
- Must use Chrome™ browser, version 80.0 or higher.
- Multiple monitors or dual screens are not permitted.
- Download and install the ETS Online Test application on the computer you'll use for the test. To fully install the application, run the file after downloading it.
- Make sure the computer you’ll be using for your exam also meets Proctortrack technical requirements.
- Must use an internal or external speaker.
- Headsets or wireless earphones not allowed.
- Must use an internal or external microphone.
- Can use the computer's built-in camera or a separate webcam.
- Camera must be able to be moved to show the proctor a 360-degree view of the room, including your tabletop surface, before the test.
Environment and Testing Space
- You must be alone in a private room with no one else entering the room for the duration of the test.
- Testing in a public place such as a public space such as a park, internet cafe, or restaurant is not allowed.
Tabletop and seating
- Your computer and keyboard must remain on a desk or other tabletop surface for the duration of the exam.
- The tabletop and surrounding area must be clear of all items not approved for use during the test.
- You must sit in a standard chair; you can't sit or lie on a bed, couch, or overstuffed chair.
- Food and drink are not allowed during the test.
- You may not take notes on regular paper, for security purposes.
- You may only take notes using one of the following:
- White board with dry erase marker
- One transparent sheet protector and dry erase marker
- If you do not secure one of these approved note-taking surfaces prior to the exam, then you will not be able to take notes during the exam or you will have to reschedule the exam.
- You will be asked to erase all notes in view of the proctor at the end of the test.